Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year's

I have been fairly busy out at the testbed site for the last few days. We were able to lower down all the antennas down the boreholes, however it appears one antenna got damaged during the trip and so we will be going back out to pull it out and repair it. We have been quite lucky with the weather as it doesn't get much nicer at the South Pole than the calm, clear days we have been having recently.

This photo was taken by a coworker of mine from the roof of the ICL as I head out to the testbed site with another coworker. The bright white pile of snow is on the edge of the testbed site.















A coworker took this photo. The fungus on my face is from ice condensing on some of my hair sticking out of my balaclava.



















The drilling equipment ran over some of our cable trenches before we laid down the cable, so they were kind enough to open them up with the hot water from the drill.





















This is a photo of what I believe to be a lower tangent arc appearing behind the station.

No comments: