Monday, December 26, 2011

12-26-11

I hope you all are enjoying or enjoyed your Christmas. Mine was spent working but we've made good progress on what we need to get done and should be on schedule to get out of here in just over a week.

Yesterday we set an all time high temperature at the South Pole of 10 degrees F, the previous record was 7.5. Today it cooled off a bit to about -5 for most of the day, but we did get a fair 22 degree halo around the sun that I was able to get a photo of.














I haven't been able to get a good photo of it, but the folks over at South Pole Telescope removed part of their dish as they believe it was reflecting noise from some of their instruments into the feed, so now the dish looks quite a bit smaller. I'll have to wait and see if they rotate it so I can get a better shot.

No comments: