Saturday, January 3, 2009

Discovery Hut

Before work this morning, I was able to go on a tour of the hut at Hut Point. I believe this hut was used to stage Scott's ill-fated expedition to the Pole.















I didn't quite understand these windows, as they were above the porch.


























While the inside of the hut had a musty odor of sorts, the 100 year old seal didn't have any smell.



























I don't know why this photo is rotated, it is oriented correctly on my computer.

























































































I didn't realize any of the items were in color until I looked at the photos; it was pretty dim inside.












Again, I don't know why it isn't oriented correctly. I believe this to be seal meat. It was actually our guide's first trip to the hut, so I don't have any interesting tidbits to add.
















Apologies again.


















They did have ponies for the expedition. I don't believe any made it to the Plateau.

















After a week or so of 40+ degree highs for the day, the weather got a little more exciting today.

No comments: