Monday, December 13, 2010

Back in the land of the long white cloud

I made it into Christchurch today. It's been quite a bit of traveling so far and I still have at least two more flights to go. I should be leaving for Antarctica on Wednesday and then fly to the South Pole on Thursday (dates are correct for local time). I'm looking forward to the time in Christchurch, don't know where I'll go, but I the town has enough places to visit.

I don't know how fast the internet connection will be at the South Pole, we only get 10-11 hours of internet a day because of the satellite coverage, but I will try to keep the blog updated while I am down there.

I'll try to get some different photos from the last trip, but it might be difficult.

This photo is of the bed and breakfast I'm staying at, and I do recommend it if you're ever in the area. I might take a photo from across the street, but I wanted to take a shower so this will have to do for now.




















Here's a shot of the garden behind the main building, it's a lot more comfortable than an airport and a lot greener than what I'll be seeing the next few weeks.

No comments: